1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No More Threads

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mandas, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mandas

mandas Thread Starter

I started geting this message a few weeks ago....when I want to install any software, I get this message "No more threads can be created in the system", and won't let me install. I tried deleting "Temp" folder, but no luck.

After I restart my computer, I can install everything.

Help :)

Attached Files:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    There is bound to be something in use in the %temp% folder. Try just deleting the contents (you should be able to delete most).

3. mandas

mandas Thread Starter

I tried that, but same thing happened....maybe I should mention that this happend after few days without restarting laptop....

4. DariusSupport

DariusSupport

try going into safe mode and deleting the contents of both temp folders. In safe mode whatever is there running might not be loaded in a minimal set up

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Maybe so. :) My first reply was just to address your attempt to delete %temp%. The best I could find about the error message is that you may simply have too many processes/threads running or else one of your applications is starting threads or sub-processes and not ending them properly. I am attempting to summarize this thread from another forum.

If you only have the issue after running w/o a reboot for several days I doubt that you have a serious issue to worry about.

6. mandas

mandas Thread Starter

I also don't think it's serious, it's just annoying....I am downloading something, and want to install something, then it won't install, I have to restart, just annoying :)

7. mandas

mandas Thread Starter

Today I got this message :)

Attached Files:

8. DariusSupport

DariusSupport

could give us the stats on your computer..... what kind of cpu, ram, version of windows OS, and so on.

9. mandas

mandas Thread Starter

I thought it's showing next to my name :)
    Laptop MSI ER710, AMD TK55 1800MHz DC, Win 7 32bit ULT, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 1270

10. DariusSupport

DariusSupport

sorry it does show next to your name, but when i ran the utility on mine it didn't show everything correctly so I just wanted to be sure.

A couple of maintenance thing that I would reccomend is to do an error checking on your hard drive(s), to make sure there are not any corrupted dll files and such that could cause the type of errors you are getting. Then defrag all volumes.

After that is done I would open the task manager and go to proccess's, while in proccess's click on the cpu column so that the programs using most cpu cycles are on top in one spot and you can look at them. While nothing is happening the system idle should be using up most of your cpu. While task manager is like this try to install a program and keep an eye on the most used proccess's during the install. This could give us insight into what is taking up the threads and such.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/990256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice