1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no mouse in safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mariosnena, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mariosnena

mariosnena Thread Starter

I started windows Xp in safe mode and my mouse wont respond. I have a serial mouse not a USB mouse. Any ideas??

2. Technician1

Technician1 Banned

The service that runs the mouse did not load at startup. For example i gave a Labtec mouse, and the mouse driver process is mouse32a.exe. Yours could be different....

3. mariosnena

mariosnena Thread Starter

How do i know which is mine and what to do to fix it?

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

How old is this computer? Try changing the mouse to PS2 mouse since the system in Safe Mode is apparently not loading the COM port drivers. It is unusual that the COM port(s) do not load under SM. What is the make and model number of this computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!