1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no mouse or keyboard ports...???!!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kamakazze15, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kamakazze15

kamakazze15 Thread Starter

Ok im really confused rite now... my brothers friend brought over his old win95 comp too see something...and he left it here, so i though id just see what was on it...i went to go hook it up, and theres no mouse or keyboard ports??? i dont think theres any volume ports either, theres a spot for it but i dont think my speaker connector will fit...Anyone know y?

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Very old computers used 5 pin DIN connectors for the keyboards and 9 pin serial connectors for mice.

3. kamakazze15

kamakazze15 Thread Starter

where would i be able to pick them up?

4. scmazter

scmazter

Old computers are just that - old. How many plugs does it have and how many pins in each one? I think they keyboards standart plug has changed from win 95 days, so has the mouse?
    What mouse and keyboards do u have? Does it use USB or PS/2?

A keyboard can be plugged into the folowing:
    A PS/2 connector is a six pin DIN connector
    The old comp might have an AT five pin DIN connector.
    The USB port - well I think you know hwat it looks like.

A mouse can be pluygged into the following
    PS/2 6 pin
    USB
    9 pin serial
    25 pin serial

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I doubt you could buy a new Keyboard with the 5 pin DIN or Serial mouse anymore. You might be able to find one used at a local computer shop. You also might be able to find adapters that convert a PS/2 mouse to a serial mouse and PS/2 keyboard to a 5 pin DIN. I have both of these at home and I think I even found them at Office Depot or Office Max.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice