no mouse or keyboard ports...???!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kamakazze15

Ok im really confused rite now... my brothers friend brought over his old win95 comp too see something...and he left it here, so i though id just see what was on it...i went to go hook it up, and theres no mouse or keyboard ports??? i dont think theres any volume ports either, theres a spot for it but i dont think my speaker connector will fit...Anyone know y?

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Very old computers used 5 pin DIN connectors for the keyboards and 9 pin serial connectors for mice.

Old computers are just that - old. How many plugs does it have and how many pins in each one? I think they keyboards standart plug has changed from win 95 days, so has the mouse?
What mouse and keyboards do u have? Does it use USB or PS/2?

A keyboard can be plugged into the folowing:
A PS/2 connector is a six pin DIN connector
The old comp might have an AT five pin DIN connector.
The USB port - well I think you know hwat it looks like.

A mouse can be pluygged into the following
PS/2 6 pin
USB
9 pin serial
25 pin serial

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Originally posted by kamakazze15:
where would i be able to pick them up?
I doubt you could buy a new Keyboard with the 5 pin DIN or Serial mouse anymore. You might be able to find one used at a local computer shop. You also might be able to find adapters that convert a PS/2 mouse to a serial mouse and PS/2 keyboard to a 5 pin DIN. I have both of these at home and I think I even found them at Office Depot or Office Max.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online