Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

no mouse or keyboard

956 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  MrHowling 
#1 ·
I'm running a duel system. I did a driver update in windows 7 and it knocked out all my usb and network. I have no mouse or keyboard (including an old mouse input). I can't perform a system restore which would solve my problem. Safe mode or command prompt won't work either. Of course everything works fine in ubuntu and i can see my windows drive access all my files etc. So the question is where or how can I access an executable to do a system restore in windows7. or maybe get into devices and reload the previous driver so i get my keyboard and mouse back?

#7 ·
the OS install home premium CD, I have the option of repair which i tried, option of system restore which starts then says some file is missing so can't complete. I've tried every restore point available same problem this file isn't there or that one. I have a few more options like repair from mirror disk that i created which i don't know what that is. The sad part is in the system restore i see the Drivermax installs that caused the problem but don't know how to get before it.

#10 ·
update after restarting over and over, windows did file check and fixed some things then had a keyboard which enabled me to do a system restore, now i have mouse and keyboard but won’t recognize my wired connection, tried to system restore to an ealier piont but back to error saying couldn't complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.