1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No MSCONFIG

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by biglegs, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. biglegs

biglegs Thread Starter

:mad: Why is there no MSCONFIG in Win2000? I clicked on start and run then typed msconfig - it says cannot find the file or its components - Make sure the file name and path are correct and that all required libraries are available.

How do I find where MSCONFIG is located?

I never did get this error message in Win95/98.

Thanking you in advance.

2. Moby

Moby

3. biglegs

biglegs Thread Starter

Thanks for responding - but I do not have access to WinXP and I'm having a problem with my Win2000 (see post regarding SCARED in subject).

I cannot locate where Win2000 is located on my drive. I believe it is in DOS - when I was installing from the Win2000 CD - it stopped and asked a question about boot sector - I clicked on Exclude for some reason. I'm not sure if I install it correctly.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Follow Moby's advice and make use of the link that he provided.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should stick with your original thread:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/490910-scared-upgraded-win98-win2k.html

instead of starting a second thread. That tends to make things more confusing and more difficult to help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Download Msconfig from the Second Link he posted.

Put msconfig in C:\winnt or c:\winnt\system32

Doesn't matter.

6. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

why do you mention these two locations because i have it in a separate folder and it appears to work ok.

i do a selective startup and still control what loads on startup.

7. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Just making sure it is in their path. If it is not in the path, you cannot do a Start > run > msconfig.

8. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

ok, thanks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice