1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no network connection found (again)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Allicia_T, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

I have a windows 10 OS Nextbook tablet.
    This issue happened the first time back in October.
    It's occurred again.
    I've looked up my old thread on this, and can see all the info and what I was to do.
    I just want to clarify if I should do those same things again.
    Here's the data I have (screen shots) of trouble shooting issue, etc.

Do I want to try deleting realtek first off, or is there a chance there a way to maybe have it repair itself first? If I am to delete it, follow these steps?:
    Uninstalling the Device
    To uninstall a device by using Device Manager, follow these steps:
    1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
    Note With some devices, you might have to restart the system to complete the uninstall process. The device might continue to function until the system has been restarted.

Attached Files:

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
  3. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Yes I have another computer, replacing my dell until we can figure what's up with that one. :). There are two on that page, and I have no idea which one I should download? When I clicked on the download word, nothing happens, so figure I'm supposed to select one of the two?

Attached Files:

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Click click on the word Global on the first one to download.

5. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Thanks. Once I download this to flash drive:
    Follow the steps in my first post to delete the realtek.
    Then, should I reboot nextbook before Installing the drivers?
    Is it any different installing a driver as any other program?
    If so, could you please explain? I'm able to do things, if I have step by step :).
    Thank you for the follow-up help.

6. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    You should not have to delete the driver first however it will not hurt anything. The downloaded file should be an executable file that you can run by double clicking on the setup.exe or similar .exe file included in the folder. After running make sure it is successful and reboot your computer. Then go I t9 Device Manager and check that the Realtek network adapter shows it is working.

7. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

I downloaded the driver to usb flashdrive, then put the zip file on my nextbook. I then extracted the files, and opened the folder.
    I just want to verify, I don't have to do anything else before I click on the set-up for the driver? Don't have to delete the one that's not working or anything?
    If that's the case, I'm ready to try to install the driver. I assume once installed (being confident), I need to reboot the nextbook, then check if the device is there and working?

Attached Files:

8. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Go ahead and run the setup and then verify it is working through device manager.

9. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Back in business. It installed. Then nextbook needed to restart. Did all that. Device manager shows the realtek driver, and she's connecting to the internet again. So Awesome. Thank you so much! :)

10. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Good news. You are welcome.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice