1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved no network connection found

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile Devices' started by Allicia_T, Apr 11, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

I have a nextbook, with windows 10 OS.
    A little while back it said no network connection on two occasions.
    I decided to reboot the nextbook, and that worked both times and it did connect to the internet again.
    Yesterday, it wasn't connected to internet, first time since those incidents back in early March, and even doing total shutdown/reboot didn't work.
    It's a wifi connection.
    When I click on 'show available net works, all I get is that blue message in screen shot below, for network & internet settings: change settings, such as making a connection metered!
    It can't find my wifi or my Mom's. It's always found both in the past.
    I can't run the tech guys sysInfo because I have no i-net connection to run it on the nextbook.
    Any idea what's going on?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  2. Sponsor

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    For one, I would turn OFF the Airplane mode as this is blocking the use of any network.

Left click the network icon and make sure that the WiFi is ON, and the Airplane mode is OFF

Also not that your pretty purple text in your post, is very hard to read

4. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

I did check last night, as I wondered about airplane mode, seeing that plane icon, and it is off (gray). When I clicked on it, it went green, and in the task bar area, the internet icon turned into the shape of a plane, indicating airplane mode was now engaged. I then clicked it again, and it went grey (off) and internet no connection icon reappeared. Also if you click on show available networks when in airplane mode, the plane is turned to purple in that little window that pops up. See two additional screen shots..one with airplane mode off, one with it on.
    How would I check about wifi being turned on? Far as I know it's always been turned on. Also I've noticed my next book clock has lost time. It's 5 hrs behind schedule. Curious.

Attached Files:

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    There is a poor (bad sound and he jumps around) YouTube video

Basically he says, click on All Settings. Next scroll down and click Change Adapter settings.
    The last thing is Diagnose the Connection.

I don't run Windows 10.

What model is your Nextbook? I've seen threads on Flexx 11.1 but won't search until I know the model.

6. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Unable to determine model number. Tried to once before with a previous post to this group. A friend who was moving gifted the next book to me. I have original boxing, etc. but no where on the box or the device could the model number be found....was unbelievable! Most bizarre, but it is what it is.
    I've done a few things to get info, and put each action in a different post here, to limit confusion.
    Action 1:
    I watched the video above. I don't have that window visible, that was used to access ALL settings, so I typed all settings in the lower left of toolbar and it opened settings then went to Network & internet > status > change adapter settings. First two images are what that showed in the window.

Attached Files:

7. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Action two:
    So then I clicked on Network and Sharing center > troubleshoot problems > selected network adaptor > run troubleshooter > selected All Network adapters to diagnose > hit next > and troubleshooting was completed. Below are the screenshots for results, followed by the 'detailed info' screenshots.

Attached Files:

8. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Action 3:

The last image is from this search> Control panel>network & sharing > Troubleshoot problems > network adapters > internet connections > troubleshoot. Without an internet connection, I couldn't proceed from there.

Attached Files:

9. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    First thing to try is as follows: Let me know if it works or not and we can try other repair options.

Step 1:
    Make a Restore Point!
    1. Right click on the Start button
    2. Select Run from list
    3. Type rstrui in run box and click OK
    4. Click Create, name the restore point
    5. Click on Create
    Step 2:
    Right click on the Start button
    Select Device Manager from the list
    Click on Network Adapters to expand the list
    Right click on your WiFi adapter
    Select Properties
    1. Check the Status to see if it is working or not
    2. Click on Driver tab and select Uninstall Device
    3. Restart your computer and it should reinstall the driver
    4. Go back into Device Manager and check if it is working

10. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

I only through step of step 1. I caught a snippet of the screen that came up once I typed in rstrui into Run box. I couldn't do step 4, as the only option was to hit cancel.

Step 1:
    Make a Restore Point!
    1. Right click on the Start button
    2. Select Run from list
    3. Type rstrui in run box and click OK
    4. Click Create, name the restore point
    5. Click on Create

Attached Files:

11. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    You do not have System Protection turned. Click on the blue system configure link

Then click on Configure button
    Select Turn On System Protection
    Move the slider to around 3-5% or your preference
    Click OK
    Click Create, name the restore point
    Click on Create

12. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Thank you. I'll try that in the AM. To late and to tired for that stuff now. :) When I'm not sure what something is, I don't tend to do it, when comes to computers and tech aspects of it, that I'm not familiar with. Don't want to kill the thing lol.

13. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

For step 2:
    under Status for my wifi driver is says
    "this device cannot start (code 10) {Operation failed}".

One oddity about this next book, It does not like the 'restart' option. I get that spinning circle with restarting message, and there it stays.
    So if for some reason, I need to reboot, I usually just shut down, then after a minute, turn it back on.
    Will that work for this, rather than the 'restart'? If it will, I do the uninstall/reboot steps next.
    Thanks again!

14. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    None of that is good and sounds like more issues that we can try to fix next. If that is only way to shut it down for now then g9 ahead and do that and let it Reinstall wifi adapter. Then check the wifi adspter status again as you did above and let me know the status?

15. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

The notebook works fine otherwise, just does not like to 'restart' but does totally fine with shutdown/reboot and then no issues...until this silly wi-fi. I'll do the rest of the steps and let you know if it works. I had a desktop that was the same way years ago, didn't like to 'restart' but did shutdown/reboot find and it was a good computer for a long while. I'm hoping this proves to be true with the nextbook!

16. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Ok, uninstalled it, shutdown, rebooted. Checked device manager. It's back on the list but status still says same thing. :(

Also, once it rebooted, on the desktop screen, I see a message saying the tablet driver is not working? All it does is give me option to say Okay. No way to get details on that? Do you suppose that's referring to the wifi driver? Without wifi option, it's very limiting for use :(

Willing try stuff. As long as I have step by step directions, I won't give up. Thanks again :).

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!