1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved no network connection found

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile Devices' started by Allicia_T, Apr 11, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Yes that is what I am afraid of is it is a problem with the wifi driver and it is going to need to be downloaded and reinstalled. What is the exact make and model of your netbook? Do you have access to another computer to download files from if needed?

2. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

I'm not sure, but aside from the serial number, I just saw this one. Wondering if it's the model number? How would I find out? Yes, I have my desktop computer, which I can use to download to a USB flash drive, and plug that into the nextbook if that works for installing things (using a flash drive). Also the nextbook was updated to Windows 10 OS before George gave it to me.

Attached Files:

3. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    That model doesn't seem to help. There should be a tag or something on it somewhere with the model number, etc.

Please do the following

Show Driver Details
    Go into Device Manager
    Right click on your wifi adapter
    Select Properties
    Select the Drivers tab
    provide the following information to your reply
    Device Provider
    Driver Date
    Driver Version

Show Driver Hardware ID
    Go into Device Manager
    Right click on your wifi adapter
    Select the Details tab
    Choose Hardware Id's under the property window
    Post the first hardware id values to your reply

4. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Okay, here is the info I was able to glean.
    1st is general tab info.
    2nd is driver-tab info
    3rd is details>hardware Ids.
    I hope those are the items you need. :)

Attached Files:

5. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
  6. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

How do I complete remove/delete it?
    I don't see any options for that.
    On that download page, am I correct that I need to download the 1st of the two choices?
    I'll then copy that to USB flash, and then paste and install to my nextbook. If that's incorrect please advise :).
    Thanks again.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  7. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    See below. Let me know if any questions and if it works or not.

Uninstalling the Device
    To uninstall a device by using Device Manager, follow these steps:
    1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
    Note With some devices, you might have to restart the system to complete the uninstall process. The device might continue to function until the system has been restarted.

Deleting a Driver Package from the Driver Store
    On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ager-to-uninstall-devices-and-driver-packages

Correct Driver to Download
    32bit/64bit Windows10 WLAN SDIO Driver (Install package) 3008.54.0414.2017 2017/6/26

Yes, download or copy to your USB drive. Then connect to device and install the driver from your drive or copy to device and install.

8. Allicia_T

Allicia_T Thread Starter

Okay, I did the first part, and deleted the realtek driver (had to say okay to confirm I wanted to delete it completely). Then I did a reboot. I noticed my internet icon changed back to that radar looking one, with a + sign, so I clicked on it, and sure enough it was detecting available connections! I didn't even get to the point of reinstalling the downloaded one. So I clicked on it and successfully got online.

I was curious, so I want to device manager > network adapters, and low and behold...realtek is back but I didn't even install the downloaded driver! Since it was not connected to the internet, I don't know how the driver got back on, since I did check the box to delete, not uninstall. It couldn't have downloaded it.

Should I update the driver, or not mess with it as long as it's working?

Anyways, I'll see if she continues to connect or the issue starts happening again. I'm going to hold off checking thread as solved, for a week or so, to be sure it's working reliably again.

Attached Files:

9. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Great to hear. It reinstalled the driver that is located on your netbook then. I would leave well enough alone. The rule is to only update is you have issues or make sure you make a restore point before performing.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!