1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Findo, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Findo

Findo Thread Starter

Hi, I'm new to this so bear with me :/

I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but after 8 hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone can help.

I got my new graphics card yesterday, and after 4 hours of trying to get that to work, it's in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are available. I have a wired connection, and the ethernet cable is in (there is no light on my mobo to confirm this). When I troubleshoot it says:
    Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver.

I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can't find the network adapter on there. I have also tried downloading the new drivers, first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success, and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results.

I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop.

I have a Gigabyte H61MA-D3v Mobo
    i5 2500K
    8 GB Ram
    GTX 770
    Running Windows 7

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I'm close to putting my foot through my PC.

Thanks

James

2. Findo

Findo Thread Starter

Update:

When I update it to the newest drivers from the internet there is still no network adapter. If I want to reinstall that I have to find network and adapters under device manager but they're not there.

Help?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sounds like the ethernet somehow became disabled in the BIOS, or it is loose or is defective.

I'm not much of a hardware type, so I don't know if there is a way you could have installed the new card in a way that would cause the ethernet to not work (but not be defective).

4. Findo

Findo Thread Starter

Well I didn't touch the ethernet when I installed my GFX card.

And I can't find anything in the bios.. Ive checked 3 times now

5. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Check Device Manager to see if anything is listed as "Other".

If so, double click the Name to open Properties and select the Details Tab.
    Device Instance ID should be PCI\VEN_8168&DEV_10EC for the onboard RealTek ethernet.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1117129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice