1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No network drivers :[

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ximpulse, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ximpulse

ximpulse Thread Starter

recently did a fresh install of windows XP on my computer. The install went fine, but when i tried to connect to the internet it wouldn't work. I went into network connections and the only thing displayed is 1394 net adapter, not the typical "Local Area Connection". I searched around a bit for network drivers but could find nothing sufficient. I have an AMD athlon 64 6400+ and Asus m2n Sli motherboard.
    Below is a picture of my device manager.
    [​IMG]

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    did you install the motherboard chipset drivers? Everyone of those "?"'s points to something that whose driver is loaded with the Chipset Driver.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Go to the asus site and input your mb model #. Select xp as the os and it will give you a link to download your chipset driver. This is a unified type driver that has a number of things in it; ie chipset, nic, firewall, sw type drivers, etc.

FWIW I never install the sw driver or the firewall [sometimes called active armor]

BTW these drivers are also on your asus support CD that came in the mb box.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/896880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice