1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Network Found

Discussion in 'Networking' started by simonxplicit, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. simonxplicit

simonxplicit Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

My computer has recently started having problems.
    I will be using the internet then it disconnects from the router and 'No Networks Found' comes up in the bottom right corner and it cant find any networks which is usually mine and a list of alternatives.

I then have to restart my computer for the internet to work again

Also my computer can randomly crash with a blue screen saying KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR

I am really struggling to solve these issues so any help would be appreciated

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Have you tried to update the wireless adapter driver from the computer's manufacture support website (1st choice) or the manufacture of the wireless adapter (2nd choice)?

Lets take a look at the BSOD.
    Create a shortcut folder on your desktop called BSOD
    Next go to the following locations c:\windows\minidump
    Select the last 2 or 3 dump (.dmp) files and copy them into the BSOD folder.
    From the desktop right click on the BSOD folder and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Attach the compressed folder to your next reply

What type of Anti-Virus do you have installed and or have ever had installed?
    What is the exact make and model of the computer or is it custom built?
    What version of Windows? 32 or 64bit?
    Are you acquainted with command prompt? If not, you will be.

3. simonxplicit

Sorry on the slow reply, I didnt notice the reply in my email

I have updated the wireless adapter driver from the website so now the 'no network found' has stopped.

The BSOD is still happening.

I created the BSOD folder. I went into windows/minidump and the folder was empty.

I have tried resetting my laptop so it deleted all programs but kept files and I had a macafee trail again. I have removed that and have ccleaner and just installed AVG.

My computer is an ACER Aspire E1-571.

I am not acquainted with the command prompt

4. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Even with McAfee uninstalled, download in run the removal tool from McAfee to insure that all traces have been removed from the system. Scroll down the page (link below) and look for the MCPR download link.
    http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Far as the minidump files they are most likely hidden. If you go back to the folder and then click on “View” in the menu bar and then check the box next to “Hidden Items" the files should appear.

5. simonxplicit

I did this and removed Macafee.

I revealed all hidden files and still the folder is empty in Minidump

6. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

I have feeling that the left overs from McAfee could be the cause of the BSOD.

Next would be to run a memory test which requires a reboot.
    Press the Windows flag key + R and in the run open field type: mdsched.exe (Press Enter)

Next is to check the hard drive for errors.
    Press the Windows flag key + X and select “Command Prompt (Admin)"
    In the command prompt type: chkdsk /R (press enter) Note a space between k and /
    After the command completes it will ask to schedule a scan at next restart, press Y and restart the computer.

7. simonxplicit

Where is it i do this?

Next would be to run a memory test which requires a reboot.
    Press the Windows flag key + R and in the run open field type: mdsched.exe (Press Enter)

Also the problem happened again with the network disappearing and 'No network found' until I restarted the laptop.

Also at the Acer screen when it was starting up it kept bleeping until i reset it twice and it then started up normally. This was teh 1st time this had happened

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice