no network unless i disable panda firewall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crispy_jelly

Hi, :)

I have just re-formatted my computer and are having a problem with the firewall in 'panda Platinum Internet security 2004'

I am running 'Windows XP Home', i am having the problem of when both Service pack 2 and 'Panda Platinum Internet security 8 are both installed i cannot access my network or the Internet at all unless i disable the firewall in panda (doesn't make a difference if i disable windows one). The network works fine when it is either just panda or just service pack 2 with the firewalls on, it is just when they are mixed. I have tried various ways of installing them in different orders but does not affect the problem.

Internet explorer knows what the page is it just says at the bottom left corner 'Website found. Waiting for reply...' which seems very strange.

It worked fine before i re-formatted the computer with both panda and service pack 2.

Thanks in advance, :(

There is no advantage to running two firewalls, and in fact, doing so will cause the problems you are experiencing. Suggest you decide on one firewall to use and disable/uninstall the other one.

crispy_jelly

Yeh but even if i disable the windows one it will not work, i have to disable the panda one, spose i could just use the windows one but the panda one is much better and it did work fine before i re-formatted with both.

But thanks anyway,

You might try reinstalling Panda with the Windows Firewall turned off. . I don't use third-party firewalls, but there may be some security settings in Panda that can be adjusted.

crispy_jelly

hi thanks but that did not work either, dunno why just seems really wierd any other ideas?

TerryNet

Terry
I don't know the Panda firewall but it sure sounds like you don't have it properly configured to allow internet access. Look for options or tools or whatever, or search their Help page for "internet."

crispy_jelly

hi thanks but everything is allowed to access the internet, but i was just reading on thier website which was not there before, something about the file MAPISP32.EXE something to do with the program - 'program Microsoft Windows™ Messaging Subsystem Spooler' which i cannot find on my computer. :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online