1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No one answering my request for help

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by extreme_mdp2, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. extreme_mdp2

extreme_mdp2 Thread Starter

Hi, No one seems to be answering my question and request for help in the Windows XP section of these forums. Have I posted wrongly? Did I do something wrong? Why am I not getting any help? I had someone post that I needed to run a HijackThis log and post it so I did, but for several days now I haven't received any other replies or responses. I know they are busy, but geesh!...days??

2. zacke

zacke

Yeah... days. I visit the forums every couple of hours, and mark them read. I come back 3-4 hours later, and there's at least 75-100 new HJT log threads. So, you gotta be patient. :)

3. extreme_mdp2

If that is the case, then Puppyblew, who told me to post a hijackthis log, shouldn't have said that I should receive a response in 24 hours and to be patient for THAT time frame. I don't hang out on this website unless I need help with a specific problem (which is rare) so I don't know the niche that all the helpers are in. I can only follow what I am told.

That still doesn't get my Windows XP problem solved either. If this is a virus, then I could be at serious risk. Aren't there enough moderators on this website to handle these problems? If not, I may have to find another website to help me. I've always thought of this website as a trustable one though.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

5. extreme_mdp2

Yep you failed alright. I posted the beginning of THIS thread on Nov. 8th. I posted that the Windows Media Center problem thread seemed to have been resolved on Nov. 9th. But make note, no one on this site helped me resolve it after I'd asked for help. It fixed itself due to the nature of things going on. And also please note, I'd first asked for help on the WMC problem on Nov. 3rd. One whole week my problem was on this site and not once did i get a response for help other than Puppyblew who only asked me to post a HJT log. (which I did and STILL didn't get a response)

That second link you posted where I had a problem with the messenger thingie popping up, was so long ago, August of LAST YEAR, and someone did help me with that, so why would i be complaining that no one helped me on that one???

*sigh* .....anyways.......

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

We are only human:)

7. Athan

Athan

I tend to forget that at times :D..but yea you are right :)

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I guess we're just going to have to live with failure.

9. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

[​IMG]
    But i dont want to:p

10. grandma77

grandma77

Then lets have some chocolate Blackmirror...maybe that would make up for being so "human".

11. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

All 3 of us in a thread Grandma.. only means one thing

:D
    Can you guess what that is ??:)

12. grandma77

grandma77

This thread will soon be closed:p ;) :D

How are you doing? Still busy with malware school I am sure...glad to see you back in a few posts.

13. caraewilton

caraewilton

Hi, for what it is worth, I have found this forum most helpful:) Somebody helped me with my access problems, a kind person is seeing to my ravmon problem. I have only been a member for like two weeks. The forum works well and the people are great:)

14. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Yes still busy ..... im trying to pop in more.. now i hear a certain Mr M has been seen :D

15. grandma77

grandma77

Mr M has been in and out a little bit. He seems to know when Angelize twin sister is on line.:D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice