No one can help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

charleeann09

So it has been a week now since I received an email asking me to verify my apple Id. I called and spoke with Apple to delete this account because, I did not create it. They informed me that since I could not answer the questions, I did not have that authority.
So after having changed all of my Google account security settings and password, I called Google. They told me since I had changed my passwords and my account was still being accessed...it somehow was not their concern either.
No I call my wireless provider to secure my WiFi...this also does nothing
At this point I know have an Apple id and all the things that go with it, and a Microsoft account with one drive skype xbox and all of those things as well. I also found 48 pictures in my file manager that just appeared. These pictures I have never seen before up to three hears old and all personal. Then I decide to look at my apps there are a ton I do no recognize.
Now I call sprint, they have me hard reset my phone. All of the strange apps stayed. I am supposed to have 56 original apps. I have more than 100.
He told me he thought it was just malware, and told me I needed to just get a new phone. However sprints being useless and I can not afford this.
At this point its been 5 days, I had backed up all of my info (from another device) onto my AOL account. I logged into this account to get a #. Every email had been deleted. My fb, snap chat, Google, AOL, yahoo accounts all have been accessed. My tax information literally my entire life.
It would appear that this person Is using an iPhone 5c with my phone number and IP address.
I acctivated an old phone that barely works and used all new info...but it doesn't appear that has stopped anything either. My maid is different than my phone number, and this strange number/maid is the same on both phones that I've tried to use. I looked up this person and he appears to be a random local teenager...anyhow I know that was long but I have called everyone under the sun. Idk what to do.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
So it has been a week now since I received an email asking me to verify my apple Id.
I'm sorry to say, but you've been had. I get those emails regularly. It's malicious spam trying to steal your personal info. Apple will not ask you to verify your Apple ID like that.

Last edited:

charleeann09

I'm sorry to say, but you've been had. I get those emails regularly. It's malicious spam trying to steal your personal info. Apple will not ask you to verify your Apple ID like that.
I called Apple. Spoke to them for more than an hour. I understand why you suggest paranoia/ignorance, however my suspicions have been confirmed. And apple is only the tip of the iceberg. Even if you were right, explain everything else.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Info on what to do if your Apple ID has been compromised:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204145

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201303

You need to change all passwords, security questions, email addresses and talk to your credit card company.

That phone should at least be completely wiped out to factory settings.

Once a hacker has gained access to your Apple ID, he can see any data stored in iCloud (calendars, contacts, e-mail, notes, etc). If you have a Mac with Back to My Mac enabled, he could potentially get remote access to that. He could also make purchases on your Apple ID.

Last edited:

TonyB25

Banned
An Apple ID doesn't have anything to do with your income taxes. And those have nothing to do with Facebook.

Is this your first smart phone?

Do you have a friend or family member who can look at this with you?

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
An Apple ID doesn't have anything to do with your income taxes. And those have nothing to do with Facebook.

Of course, there might be more involved here, like malware, especially if the email was opened on a computer with all the info available on it.

charleeann09

Thats the thing..I do not have an apple account. I have never owned and apple anything. I tried to remove the account. I was told I was not authorized, because I dont know the answers to the security questions...
I have a galaxy s6. I have changed every password on every account all the way back to my '07 aim address. This has bot restricted or even discouraged the "hacker". I have canceled all my cards, and even contacted the irs.
I really think my phone is cloned. Which sounds completely ridiculous, but I dont know how else to explain it.

charleeann09

Of course, there might be more involved here, like malware, especially if the email was opened on a computer with all the info available on it.
I am aware...however with the apple account they somehow got into accounts that do contain my personal files and documents. I even had pictures of myself and family show up in my download folder, that I had never seen before.

charleeann09

I am not completely ignorant for the record. I was simply saying the apple account created was able to access acounts that did have this information. Not fb specifically

TonyB25

Banned
I'm sorry, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

You need the assistance of someone who can sit next to you and look at what you're seeing.

charleeann09

Sorry, I misunderstood.
Is it possible for someone to get another device and use it just the way i am? I even transfered my phone number to an old phone of my friends, with a completly new sign in and all. Its still happening.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
On what device did you first open that email asking you to verify your Apple ID?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online