1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Output devices found after installing Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Clark1, Nov 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Clark1

Clark1 Thread Starter

I upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10 and it had a successful installation but I realized that there were no sound when playing video on youtube. I tried troubleshooting it but it couldn't identify the problem. I also tried uninstalling and installing drivers but it also din't work. Tried plugging off the speaker and plugging it back on but still dint work. Headphone jack dont even work, earphones nor headset work.

2. johnmaina0416

johnmaina0416

First Name:
    John
    Hello. Download windows 10 audio drivers and install. And make sure you download the correct version for your system. If your OS is 32bit make sure to download realtek audio drivers for windows 10 32bit and if its for 64bits then download for 64bits

3. Clark1

Clark1 Thread Starter

im done downloading it and the problem is still there. When i look on the settings it says "No output device found"

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    From where did you download the audio driver? Did you install it?

5. johnmaina0416

johnmaina0416

First Name:
    John
    try to restore your system by using system restore or you try to reinstall the windows 10 again then see if the issue persist

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    If this is a branded machine, please let us know the make, model, and serial number (service tag if it's a Dell) so we can have a look at the machine.

Also, check in Device Manager for any entries that has an yellow mark or question mark.

7. Clark1

Clark1 Thread Starter

Installed it using a USB with an ISO File from Microsoft media tool

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    An ISO file for a driver????

9. Clark1

Clark1 Thread Starter

Oh im srry, i thought you were asking about where i downloaded the windows. I looked on the Genuis website for the driver for the speaker but i couldnt find it so i just uninstall and unplug it and plug it back on. I was hoping that this problem might be cause of a corrupted file during installation of the new windows that cause this problem, because when it was still on windows 7 everything is working perfectly fine

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    My strong assumption is that no Windows 10 driver exists for the audio. During the brief time I had Windows 10 on an old (running Windows 7, but Vista had been pre-installed) laptop that was one of my problems. I found a driver (see #5 below) that worked, but Windows at least once a day would replace it with a driver that did not work.

Good luck with finding a driver.

This is my preferred order for finding drivers:

1. PC manufacturer's web site,
    2. Motherboard manufacturer's web site,
    3. Device manufacturer's web site,
    4. A "drivers" site, such as DriverGuide,
    5. Anywhere you can find one that might work,
    6. Let Device Manager try to find one.
    7. Use Windows Update.

(4 through 7 are really tied, and with Windows 7--and maybe 8/8.1-- the Windows Update should be at least 4th. The main message is that the first three are almost always to be preferred.)

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Can you provide this info?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice