Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No phone support for Office 365 any more???

Solved 
1K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  bj nick 
#1 ·
I have the Office 365 subscription, and one feature on it that is really useful is the phone tech support; really helped a couple times with tough issues. Last time was maybe 2-3 months ago? Today I cannot access any phone support; they say "we've moved online," and going through the runaround online leads me in circles. Tried again and again. I need to speak with someone, not read through tons of pages, most of which don't apply to me. Is there no way to speak with MS any more???

#3 ·
I checked and it's just "Microsoft 365." I know I get the support because I have been on the phone with them a couple times within the last 2-3 months. They check my account, thank me for subscribing, and they'll help with anything, even do a remote access if necessary (yes, they are Microsoft, no I'm not running out buying gift cards.) It was really helpful.

#5 ·
It's just me at home. How do I check this? I don't know what "Admin control panel" or "Subscription/portal" is.....is that on my desktop or online? I assume you mean the desktop.

#10 ·
Online. Though the subscription I am using is from work. The Admin control (https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home) may be only for the Family subscription for home users.

You would create a ticket there and they will email / call you. Still looking into how you would contact them

#8 ·
Are you logged in to your Microsoft account connected with your 365 subscription?

If so, you may try and log out and wait a while and then log back in.

#11 · (Edited)
Well, I created a ticket yesterday telling him the issues I had, so hopefully they'll get back to me. If you find out anything about phone support, please let me know. Trying to find the support online was nothing but a runaround. Keeps taking me back to the same places.

Just now I tried the link you provided. MS responds: "You can't log in with a personal account. Try your work or school account instead."

#13 ·
Ok, so this is RESOLVED (satisfactorily.) I re-sent the message asking for help (chat option), got a quick response (though I was #41 in line, I only had to wait for ~5 minutes), and after some initial discussion, he did a remote access session along with him calling me, and we figured it out. It was an involved OneDrive issue, but he stayed with it until we had it under control. So that's the answer: start with chat, and they'll move from there to phone/whatever you need.

Reactions: Couriant
#15 · (Edited)
I'm perfectly content with their "moving our support online" now that I understand it's not just going to be an exhausting email exchange where it sometimes just leads in circles, they're not getting the problem, etc. Wiht a simple problem, I can just shoot an email, or post here: "where's the setting for xyz? Can't find it." In this case, my OneDrive was a MESS. For the record: the issue was that when I set up my new desktop a couple months ago, I apparently set OneDrive to be in charge of a bunch of different things, such as the Desktop itself. So when we went into OneDrive-> backup and clicked off the "desktop" setting, 90% of my desktop vanished. Ultimately just a hassle: I replaced the things one by one, and now none of it is under OD. It'd be very difficult to solve that issue w/o remote access, where he said oh, here's your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.