1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No picture on streaming video

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by CFFI, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CFFI

CFFI Thread Starter

Hi, I'm a first time poster although I consult these forums often for help.

I am trying to view streaming video clips from a Lithuanian TV site of my favorite basketball player who just retired from the NBA and is now playing in Lithuania with his hometown team. I can hear the audio but can't see the video. It seems to use Win Media Player, which I updated off their site. I have installed a bunch of codecs to see if that would help, but it didn't.

Another American has no problem viewing these clips, so it doesn't seem like the problem is because they use a weird codec or anything.

What other information do you need?

Thanks so much!!!!

Crazy Fan From Idaho

2. CFFI

CFFI Thread Starter

Is it because you don't like Sabonis???????

Bump.....

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome.

How much ram do you have and what other programs are you running in the background?

4. CFFI

CFFI Thread Starter

Thanks for the response and the welcome, AcaCandy.

I have 128 Mb of RAM.

How do I tell what else is running? By Ctrl Alt Del and seeing what is listed?

This is what is listed:
    Tech Support Guy Forums
    Inbox-Outlook Express
    Explorer
    ZoneAlarm
    Ccap
    Wuauclt
    Rndal
    Vsmon

Does that help?

Also, I tried viewing a news video from a domestic source and it worked just fine with picture and audio on WMP.

5. ~Candy~

Then I would wonder if it is a site specific problem?????

You can see what you have running better via start, run, msinfo32 then enter, software, startups, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

6. CFFI

CFFI Thread Starter

*StateMgr c:\windows\system\restore\statemgr.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    ccApp "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\ccapp.exe" All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ccEvtMgr "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\ccevtmgr.exe" All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    ccRegVfy "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\ccregvfy.exe" All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    QuickTime Task "c:\windows\system\qttask.exe" -atboottime All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    SchedulingAgent mstask.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    TkBellExe c:\program files\common files\real\update_ob\evntsvc.exe -osboot All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ZoneAlarm c:\progra~1\zonela~1\zoneal~1\zoneal~1.exe All Users Common Startup

Yikes.....What a mess!!!

Can you read that??????? I sure can't!

I can try to put it in a better form if you need me to, but I'm not sure I'll be able to figure out what goes where......

As to it possibly being a site problem, I might also think so except that an American friend has no problem viewing the Lith clips.

7. ~Candy~

No, it's fine.......I see you are running ME :) Have I mentioned I hate ME :D

QuickTime Task "c:\windows\system\qttask.exe" -atboottime All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    SchedulingAgent mstask.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    TkBellExe c:\program files\common files\real\update_ob\evntsvc.exe -osboot All Users

Those can be turned off via start, run, msconfig, startup tab......if you use the scheduling agent to run scans, etc. then don't turn that one off.

I don't think any of this has to do with the streaming video problem. Can you link me the site so I can test it?

8. CFFI

CFFI Thread Starter

9. ~Candy~

It works for me, it installed codecs....but it works...what version media player are you running? I have 7.0 :eek:

10. CFFI

CFFI Thread Starter

I have 9.0.

I couldn't get it to work with my old version (which I think was 7.0) so I updated.

But still no Sabonis. :(

11. ~Candy~

Turn those items off I suggested....I have to call it a night.

Another thing to try as well, update video drivers.

12. CFFI

CFFI Thread Starter

OK....I will try turning those off.

How do I update video drivers?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

G'night.

13. CFFI

CFFI Thread Starter

BTW AcaCandy....Could you tell me which codec auto installed for that clip?

14. ~Candy~

Lol, they went by so fast I didn't pay attention, I just said yes cause I figured they had to be there :D

To update video drivers we need to know what display adapter is in the machine, or the motherboard.

Or per chance it's a name brand computer?

15. CFFI

CFFI Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavilion 8756C.

Does that help?

Should I look at my multimedia devices? Will that help at all?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice