1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No picture

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lonesome_wolf2000, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lonesome_wolf2000

lonesome_wolf2000 Thread Starter

Okay, here's my problem:

computer will not produce a picture when it comes on.
    it has pci video card, 64 mb sdram, pci sound card, 33.6 isa modem, 4 gb hard drive, cdrom. That should be enough of a general rundown.

Here's what i tried:

-new video card
    -pulled out all the other cards and removed all other cables from motherboard
    -new memory
    -power supply

Now im down to basically the motherboard and the processor.

When the computer comes on, I can hear it do a memory count. But nothing afterwards. Also the computer does not give any beeps.

Ideas?

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi lonesome_wolf2000

Not much left. Try booting with only the video, memory, and CPU and power supply hooked up. Reseat the cpu and recheck the motherboard for loose jumpers. You could also try running the motherboard outside the case to see if it is shorting to anything. Does your system board have an on board video? Try resetting the cmos (jumper) also. If still bad you will need to swap out the CPU and system board to find out which is bad. BOL

3. slipe

slipe

Sure the monitor is OK? Do you get normal display of the boot before Windows loads? Can you boot in safe mode?

4. Rockn

Rockn

That's what I would say slipe!! Do you get any post code beeps or even any indication that the monitor is getting a signal from the video card??

5. lonesome_wolf2000

I'll try reseating the cpu and ive already checked jumpers/cables.

I dont get far enough to boot to safe mode, i dont get an initial picture.

I've checked the board to see if it is shorting on something, but thats a no go too.

I've tried 3 different monitors that are currently working on other machines.

The computer produces no beep codes either.

now what?

6. lonesome_wolf2000

ok, ive reseated the processor. That didnt work.....

I'll see if i can find another processor to put in this board...

or another board for this processor.....

whichever comes first...

ok, i tried new processor....and ive tried new board....

This computer worked about a day ago. It booted to the Windows 98 screen and then froze.....reset.....and then nothing.

Please Help...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice