1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Pictures on Canon camera when there are

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by daveshimp, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveshimp

daveshimp Thread Starter

I ran into a problem last night. I have a Canon Powershot A40, 128MB Compact Flash, and using Zoombrowser software. I have had this camera and memory card for over a year and have had no trouble until last night.

There are about 50 pictures that are viewable on the camera. When I connect the camera to the pc to download the pics, Zoombrowser says there are no pictures on the camera. I check the camera settings in Zoombrowser and it sees the CF having 128MB with 93MB free.

Here is what I've done so far: I've removed the software and reinstalled. I removed the flash card and replaced it. I installed the software on another pc that has never had it installed and got the same result. I removed the CF and put in the original 8MB card and the software reads that fine. On the 128MB card, I've taken new pictures with the same result.

I have concluded that there is something wrong with the CF. I am trying to avoid reformatting the card (if that will even help), was hoping that someone else has had this happen to them and was able to solve it.

Any help is appreciated.

Dave Shimp

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Hi Dave and welcome to TSG.
    I don't have an answer for you but I do have a suggestion. If I have any issues with my A70 this is where I would go. http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1010
    It's a forum that specifiably deals with Canon camera issues. If you do check it out please don't forget about us. This is a fantastic site, both educational and enlightening. Good luck and hope to see you back soon.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice