Solved No pictures with YouTube music!

dougglos

Douglas
I have recently taken out a subscription to YouTube for music, etc., videos, and have no problems when it comes to choosing and playing this. However, I notice that after a short time, although the music continues satisfactorily, the screen goes blank!
Is there some way that I can remedy this, so that the pictures continue to be shown along with the music? I am using Windows 10, 64-bit.

plodr

Liz
I'll do some searching because everything I saw pertains to phones not computers.

Is the the legacy Edge or the Chromium Edge?

dougglos

Douglas
Many thanks, I 'll await any updates you are able to give me.

plodr

Liz
I suggest, if you are viewing on a PC, don't sign in with your Premium subscription.
Apparently people using the free version see the video while those using Premium appear not to see it.

Test it and let us know what happens.

I don't have a premium YouTube account and I have never had a problem with seeing the video on any music video I've watched.

dougglos

Douglas
Yes, you are correct - if not signing in to my Premium account the problem does not appear. But I will keep the account on for the occasions that I want to watch something other than music videos, as they have never given me any problems.

plodr

Liz
Thanks for confirming what I saw posted in threads.
If you viewed on a smartphone you can choose to see or not see video. On a PC, you aren't given the choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online