1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No playback

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Rory185, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rory185

Rory185 Thread Starter

Nothing will play at all, no itunes music, no youtube videos, no netflix, no spotify but I cant figure it out, restarting my pc fixes this but only temporarily and nothing is being loaded or buffered It's just stuck at 0, if I move the time of the video I'll just get a static image but the video wont play.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you tried playing locally stored files?

Audio and video issues shouldn't have any affect on each other, at least not globally (ie: all applications).

3. shtooluck

shtooluck

I'm in deep, I upgraded my audio driver and lost it all. I'm running 8.1, I've tried everything but media player 12 will not play cds,wav,videos, plays mid files, recognizes one radio station but no sound. Othert apps have the no sound problem too. It says it doesn.t recognize the file type or codec that compressed it. It's got codecs. I think I'm going to upgrade to windows 10 and see if the problem goes away. Until then I'll keep trying but the problem is.............................................

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Are you simply speculating, or did you threadjack to ask for help with your own issue? In which case, you should have started your own topic.

5. shtooluck

shtooluck

It's a small problem with windows we'll figure it out just give us a moment.

6. shtooluck

shtooluck

The ultimate fix for me was to back-up your files and restore the computer back to it's factory state windows will reinstall and the sound problem will be fixed, work for me.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!