1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Polaroid Software Updates - what now?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by great_dame, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. great_dame

great_dame Thread Starter

I have one of those slightly older HP Pavilion computers that was designed for Windows 98. After getting it all setup with Win XP Pro, I found that a lot of my installation disks couldn't be read. Nothing new, right?

So, I had to go a few places and download the correct stuff - no biggie. However, I was very disappointed to find out that my digital camera didn't have updated support - Polaroid's official site will offer the driver without a problem, but as for the software (PhotoMax 3.3) it claims that updates need to be purchased by contacting them directly.

Well, poo. So my question is -

Can you suggest some freeware that might let me upload/manage my photos from a USB connected Polaroid PDC 1300 digital camera? Looks like I need an alternative.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

There are many free image editing applications, all of which will likely be better than any bundled ones that came with the Camera.

With XP, your camera should show up as a removeable drive under Windows Explorer, and allow you to access and save the pictures to the hard drive. No application should be needed for this.

To edit the pictures, try Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) and also look at Picasa (www.picasa.com)

I am sure others will have more options to suggest as well.

3. great_dame

great_dame Thread Starter

Thanks so much! Everyone has been suggesting IRFanView, so I'll think I'll give that a try once I check out the XP support - I had no idea it was ready to handle my problem. Guess I didn't give it enough credit! Thanks so much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!