1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No POST beep-Biostar M7VIT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rusty1952, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rusty1952

Rusty1952 Thread Starter

I have a situation where i get no POST(Good) single beep from a Biostar M7VIT when I boot up (cold boot) from a (sys off) state. I know the case spkr is good and there is no provision in the Phoenix/Award Bios to enable/disable the pc case spkr. I have the spkr leads connected across hdr pins 1 & 4 as per ATX stds. , and the instruction of Biostar Tech Support and the illustration diagram shown in the bios. Have been thru 2 MB's same model, same issue. No single beep POST(good). Biostar tech support was responsive to my inquiry's at 1st; answered my 1st 2 inquiry's, none thereafter. The system is running perfectly w/ a overclocked bus speed from 166 Mhz to 177 Mhz (107%) and very stable, Athlon XP2600 w/ 333Mhz FSB.
    I have cheked for voltage readings at the 20 pin connector and all
    disk drv connections. All are within spec. The hardware monitor software and bios report also--that all votage levels are within specs.
    I feel that Biostar Tech Support does not want to admit that there is a problem here, since my 3rd and 4th inquiries into the matter were never answered. So I was wondering if anyone elso out there has had the same experience with this particuliar model MB (Biostar M7VIT) ? Please help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

Could be due to anything - Do you have 2 exact systems? or have just replace the motherboard with one system? It could be a bad speaker if you're sure its pluged in the right spot. Do all the LEDS/Switches work? It could be due to the fact you are overclocking or some sort of hardware incompatiblity - I have seen a board not beep on post with a certain Nvidia card. Check Bios updates. Check bios settings throughly - it may be hidden somewhere to turn off the beep.

Lastly - with my personal PC I don't plug the speaker in - I hate that beep. If everything works then great- I wouldn't worry.

3. Rusty1952

Rusty1952 Thread Starter

Thanks for responding Triple6. Everything in the system is exactly the same as it was prior to the upgrade except the MB, Ram, and CPU. Even with the old cpu (Duron 800), the POST will not beep. I had stated in my thread that i know the spkr is not defective and that according to the diagram illustration (in bios) and Biostar tech suppt and per the ATX std, the spkr leads are connected across pin 1&4 as they should be. Reversing the polarity across 1 & 4 hdr pins makes no diff. either. The Graphical Display unit is the same as bef, Ati Radeon VE DDR Dual hd. I have looked aroun Bios quite thoroughly for an option to enable/disable POST beep. Are none. Thanks again for ur input, though. Is appreciated.

4. Rusty1952

Rusty1952 Thread Starter

--Also, does not POST beep whether or not the system bus is overclocked. CPU runnin @ 42 deg C even o'clocked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/150194