Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No post/display

701 views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I plugged everything in and everything had power. My gpu fan is spinning but I get no signal. I’ve tried taking it out and putting it back but nothing has changed what else do I try?

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

You really need to give us a bit more to work with here. What kind of system are we talking about? What happened prior to it not working?

#4 ·
OK, you need to post your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc.
Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Next have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST problem.

Common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 The 24pin atx connector not fully seated
4 Ram, video card, etc not fully seated
5 Parts not compatible [unknown since we have no idea what parts you used]
6 Monitor connected to the motherboard onboard port rather than the video card

#5 ·
cpu- Intel Pentium Gold G5400 3.7 GHZ Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard- Gigabyte H310M A Micro ATX LGA1151 Mother Board
Ram- ADATA XPG Z1 (2x8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
Gpu- HP Quadro K600 1 GB Video Card
Power Supply- CoolMax 500 W ATX Power Supply

#6 ·
Has this system ever worked? Or is it a new build that will not power up?

Have you checked out the guide that crjdriver referenced above?

#11 ·
If the system does not POST when you did the out of case build [with the video card removed and monitor connected to the onboard port]
Then you need to start swapping parts OR test each of your parts in a bench or test system.

#13 ·
Even the motherboard is 2 1/2yr old. Are these new parts or used? If used, did you ever see it work?

You have not answered; what exactly did you try from the guide? If you had followed ALL steps, you would already know what part or parts are defective.

#15 ·
OK, does it POST with the onboard video only (card removed)?

You've got the 4-pin power connected to the motherboard in addition to the 20+4 power connector, right?

#20 ·
You have asked a question that does not have an answer; I do not live where you live. By shop, I mean just that a real shop that does builds, installs networks, etc NOT a chain store. Look up computer repair in you local area. Get an estimate for how much this will cost. Most shops will charge you between 1/2 to 1hr shop labor. Again this differs by area; where I live, approx $80per hr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.