No post/display

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vTenzu

I plugged everything in and everything had power. My gpu fan is spinning but I get no signal. I’ve tried taking it out and putting it back but nothing has changed what else do I try?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

You really need to give us a bit more to work with here. What kind of system are we talking about? What happened prior to it not working?

vTenzu

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

You really need to give us a bit more to work with here. What kind of system are we talking about? What happened prior to it not working?
a gaming Pc. I’ve plugged up all my components but the pc won’t post

crjdriver

OK, you need to post your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc.
Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Next have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST problem.

Common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 The 24pin atx connector not fully seated
4 Ram, video card, etc not fully seated
5 Parts not compatible [unknown since we have no idea what parts you used]
6 Monitor connected to the motherboard onboard port rather than the video card

vTenzu

OK, you need to post your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc.
Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Next have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST problem.

cpu- Intel Pentium Gold G5400 3.7 GHZ Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard- Gigabyte H310M A Micro ATX LGA1151 Mother Board
Ram- ADATA XPG Z1 (2x8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
Gpu- HP Quadro K600 1 GB Video Card
Power Supply- CoolMax 500 W ATX Power Supply

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Has this system ever worked? Or is it a new build that will not power up?

Have you checked out the guide that crjdriver referenced above?

vTenzu

Has this system ever worked? Or is it a new build that will not power up?

Have you checked out the guide that crjdriver referenced above?
this is a new build and yes I’ve tried all of those but none of them changed anything. It’s turning on but it doesn’t display anything in my monitor.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does it power up with the video card out? Connected to onboard video?

crjdriver

this is a new build and yes I’ve tried all of those but none of them changed anything. It’s turning on but it doesn’t display anything in my monitor.
Tried all of what? If you had followed ALL steps, you would know what is causing the problem. The last few steps tell you to swap your parts one by one with known good units ie motherboard, ram, pw supply, etc.

You do understand that the video card you installed is now 8yr old and was a workstation [not gaming] card when it was released.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The CPU is no powerhouse, either, for that matter ...

crjdriver

If the system does not POST when you did the out of case build [with the video card removed and monitor connected to the onboard port]
Then you need to start swapping parts OR test each of your parts in a bench or test system.

vTenzu

Tried all of what? If you had followed ALL steps, you would know what is causing the problem. The last few steps tell you to swap your parts one by one with known good units ie motherboard, ram, pw supply, etc.

You do understand that the video card you installed is now 8yr old and was a workstation [not gaming] card when it was released.
I didn’t know that

crjdriver

Even the motherboard is 2 1/2yr old. Are these new parts or used? If used, did you ever see it work?

You have not answered; what exactly did you try from the guide? If you had followed ALL steps, you would already know what part or parts are defective.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
OK, does it POST with the onboard video only (card removed)?

You've got the 4-pin power connected to the motherboard in addition to the 20+4 power connector, right?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online