No Post No Beeps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sarahbpetty2006

I have an 7VT600P-Rz Gigabyte Mobo it will fire but it will not post nor i have no beeps. I have tried various power supplies and memory and processors does anyone have any ideal what can be wrong?:eek:

You are running out of things to do :eek:
Reset CMOS with the jumper on the MB or by removing the battery.
Disconnect everything except the CPU/HS/FAN, RAM and the monitor.
Check MB for any leaking or bulging capacitors.

What's left after above is a bad MB.

sarahbpetty2006

what are the chances the processor is bad when we bought it, it was DOA but there seems to be no damage to the board and isn't it true that the processor is good if it gets hot? thankyou for your replies

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
sarahbpetty2006 said:
what are the chances the processor is bad when we bought it, it was DOA but there seems to be no damage to the board and isn't it true that the processor is good if it gets hot? thankyou for your replies
Sorry for butting in here,but just for your information I had a computer a few years back with exactly the symptoms you describe, ie no post and no beeps, and it was indeed the processor that was faulty,a new one solved the problem ...

sarahbpetty2006

sorry for the confusion the mobo was dead on arrival we have had no luck with it since we purchased it from gigabyte online, i don't want to give up on it though because it seems to be a good mobo

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
A very crude way to test the mobo is to remove the bios battery and memory. If you then get no beeps you have a dead mobo.

According to what you said you tried "various psu's, memory and processors" so left is the motherboard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts