1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No post or DVI signal after replacing RAM, CPU Debug Light

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RamDisaster, Jan 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RamDisaster

RamDisaster Thread Starter

I had recently taken out my RAM stick to replace it, but after that I started getting "No DVI signal" on my monitor. Placed original RAM back into its socket and same thing occurs.

Now the CPU debug light on my mobo is constantly lit whenever it's on. The fans/led all turn on as well as my keyboard but it receives no input for caps lock/num lock.

I've tried to cmos my mobo but still have the same issue. I also took my PC to a store to test out different RAM sticks, but was unable to get a signal with their RAM sticks either. All the wires are seated the same, and the CPU looks free of damage with no bent pins so I'm not sure why the CPU debug light is on because I didn't even mess with it when I was taking out the RAM.

I also tried breadboarding my PC but with just the CPU, mobo, and PSU I'm unable to get it to post nor hear a beep when it turns on.

I'm debating on just buying a new mobo at this point but any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/FPIREU7

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600k

Motherboard: MSI - Z270 Gaming M3 Motherboard

Memory: Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 TI 8GB Video Card

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Check the RAM is inserted properly. They should not wobble end to end. There is a notch on the bottom of RAM sticks that is Not in the center, if inserted properly the end clasps should automatically snap close with an audible click.

Maybe you fried the RAM with static electricity while handling it. Return the RAM and get replacement, see if the new ones work.

3. RamDisaster

I assumed that too, but when I took it to a computer store, they tested it with their own RAM sticks and was still unable to get a signal either.

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Did you bump the Heat sink while working on the ram? Try taking the heat sink off ,remove the CPU, check for bent pins, reseat CPU, replace thermal paste and replace heat sink. What heat sink do you have? P.S. I cant look at imgur pics where I am at.

5. RamDisaster

I might’ve but I’ve taken out and reseated my CPU 3x And didn’t notice any obvious defects, I tried running it for a few seconds without the heat sink in the case it was the metal from it causing some kind of short but it still wouldn’t post.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice