1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No power from battery or AC adapter on Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by abbottl2003, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. abbottl2003

abbottl2003 Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop (circa 2003). I know my laptop battery has been drained for a while and I was almost solely relying on the AC adapter's juice to power my machine. Recently, I lost all power to the laptop. I thought perhaps my battery had finally had it so I bought a new battery. Well, then I couldn't charge my battery, so I bought a new AC adapter. I still have no juice. It looks like the AC adapter is working (the light is on it to show it's getting power) but it's not transferring that power to the machine.

I think it may be a bad connection between the adapter plug and the laptop. I don't know how involved of a fix this is. :confused:

Any suggestions on what type of fix might be needed? Is it better to just scrap this laptop and get a new one? Thanks for your help!

2. Megabite

Megabite

Could be the power jack that is attached to the motherboard has gone faulty.

To fix that if it is that the board would have to be taken out in most cases........depending on how old the laptop is and what it is worth would determine whether its worth it.

3. abbottl2003

abbottl2003 Thread Starter

Thank you for your quick reply. I was worried that it had something to do with the motherboard.

4. Megabite

Megabite

I had a Toshiba Satellite and had to have the motherboard replaced but it was under warranty so I was lucky.....if it is 2003 then my guess is it wouldn't be worth repairing...shame after you got the battery and powersupply.

If you have someone handy with a soldering it could be that the power jack has broken loose and needs resoldering...but you would still have to take it all apart to get to it.

Here's a site may help
    http://www.irisvista.com/tech/

5. Megabite

Megabite

here's a picture of the power jack

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/726646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice