1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No power schemes listed in Power Options Properties

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by B Povilaitis, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. B Povilaitis

B Povilaitis Thread Starter

I am running Windows XP Home edition. I made changes to my power scheme
    settings in the 'Power Options Properties' of 'Display Properties'. Now the power schemes box is empty no schemes or options are displayed. How may I reset/refresh/reinstall my power options?

2. jayroberts43

jayroberts43

I have the exact same problem and have found no solution. I have no idea why the power schemes are missing. I was trying to save a scheme and all the options were erased. ???

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Have you tried Power Options own icon in the Control Panel?

4. jayroberts43

jayroberts43

Yes I have tried control panel. There are no options listed. Thanks for your reply.

James Schriver
    Florida

5. sebb2004

sebb2004

Configuring Your Computer’s BIOS
    For Windows XP power management features to work properly, you should disable all power management features in your computer’s BIOS (Basic Input/Output System). Run its setup program (usually accessed by pressing Del or F1 during the computer’s power-on self test; watch the screen for a message explaining how to enter setup), and browse the menus for all settings related to power management. With ACPI, power management should be under the exclusive control of the operating system. When the operating system and the BIOS contend for control, problems often result.

6. jayroberts43

jayroberts43

My son and I had checked the BIOS and I checked it again yesterday. It is set correctly. Thanks for the input. It has not caused me any real problems, it is just I would like to set my computer to go into standby on its own and I can not do that. I do not understand why this feature has been deleted.

7. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

This is probably one of the options you could reinstall from Control Panel>Add and Remove>Windows Components and have your CD at the ready.

8. mike5532g

mike5532g

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_p.htm

Scroll down to Power Management - Change Power Management Configuration.

You might also try this: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

#204 right side..."restore power schemes/configurations"

To use the Regedits: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

9. Funkmeister

Funkmeister

10. jayroberts43

jayroberts43

I tried mike5532g's suggestion (#204) and it worked. Thanks and I will make a donation to this site as Funkmeister mentioned. Thanks to all who gave suggestions to find a solution to this.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220480

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice