no power to hardware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gemini11

My computer comes on but there is no video display. The two fans work and the light on the "on" button lights up. There are no beeps when I turn the computer on. I can hear the hard drive spinning and the cd rom tray opens and closes when the button is depressed. The computer is a Dell Dimension XPS T600r. All connections are secure. The monitor is not a problem because it works fine with my other computer. I tried another video card but the same problem. There are four small led lights on the back of the computer labeled ABCD that do not light up. What could be the problem?

That is an odd one, in all respects your computer seems fine...
I think the four LEDS labeled ABCD are to do with networking, as I have a dell as well, and they seem to be related to that, but I may be wrong.
If you know how, I would take off the case and carefully(making sure you are in contact with the metal case for grounding and the the power cable is removed) make sure that the RAM and videp card are seated right.
Have you recently changed any BIOS settings?
Hope that helps.

gemini11 said:
My computer comes on but there is no video display. The two fans work and the light on the "on" button lights up. There are no beeps when I turn the computer on. I can hear the hard drive spinning and the cd rom tray opens and closes when the button is depressed. The computer is a Dell Dimension XPS T600r. All connections are secure. The monitor is not a problem because it works fine with my other computer. I tried another video card but the same problem. There are four small led lights on the back of the computer labeled ABCD that do not light up. What could be the problem?
no beeps is pc not posting, assuming you have internal speaker hooked up, I would suspect psu, one rail may be screwed, you have to get pc to post, one short beep for pc to think about working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online