no power

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Castle1

John
I have a desktop running wind xp pro its a A8ve-SE-AMD anthlon 64 proc, socket 939, 3 gig memory.

I get a green light on the mother board but when a push the power button nothing happens?

I replaced the power button and reattached the connectors to the mother board and still nothing?

it was working great always powered on and then nothing?

Any ideas????

John

bobs-here

Bob
the need to eliminate possible issues help to narrow down the causes.

unplugging from wall socket and holding down power button for 20secs replace plug and reboot.
does the CPU fan run for a couple of seconds then stop?
if not try removing ram and put back one a a time, any pc cards, and hdd, see if it comes on.
if it does, then put the devices back in one by one. the process should reveal the culprit. check all connections are seated firmly.

Castle1

John
the need to eliminate possible issues help to narrow down the causes.

unplugging from wall socket and holding down power button for 20secs replace plug and reboot.
does the CPU fan run for a couple of seconds then stop?
if not try removing ram and put back one a a time, any pc cards, and hdd, see if it comes on.
if it does, then put the devices back in one by one. the process should reveal the culprit. check all connections are seated firmly.
No there is a green light at the bottom on the motherboard that lights up when I plug it in, doesn't that mean the motherboard is getting power?
I disconnected everything used a new power cord, and nothing I have this big blue fan on my chip that supposed to light up when it starts , nothing new power switches but no start at all?

John

Fanyit

Ivan
Try without everything only motherboard cpu (also and culer Fun) and PSU ("But if you know how try without button may and power button is broken") if again don't started ..Dead motherboard for sure because CPU have small chance to go down itself (unless mechanically damaged)

Last edited:

Castle1

John
I just noticed that there is a fan at the bottom of the power supply and it is not coming on when it is plug in? should it automatically turn on when plug in?

The power supply is probably bad. it functions on multiple circuits and it is possible to have the green light on the motherboard and in many cases even have the fans and some drives get power and still be a bad power supply. if you have another computer borrow the power supply just to test. Before you buy a used power supply for $5 at a goodwill, check out your mother board for bad capacitors. They are round with flat tops, if the tops are poofed up and rounded or even dripping fluid do not spend any more money, you will need a motherboard, but I think a used power supply will have you good as new. They are held in with 4 screws and probably only two plugs to your mother board , a 20 pin and a 4 pin adapter. also one plug to each drive. but to test you need only attach the plugs to the mother board.

I agree with RobOman, I have a modified Dell server SC430 that the power supply went out on and it had a green led on the board that would still light up. Replaced the supply and was good to go.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online