1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no power?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goodguy07, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. goodguy07

goodguy07 Thread Starter

I have been working on this PC. It will not boot up. It acts like it isn't getting power. When I plug it in the heat-sync starts to turn and then stops, and the same thing happens when I press the power switch the first time (after that it doesn't respond to anything). I tried a new power supply and a new motherboard but it still does the same thing. I also tried manually connecting the power jumpers and it still did the exact same thing. I have hit a dead end! Can anyone help?!?

2. brianF

brianF

Check the processor and memory, suppose if the jumpers where set incorrectly that could happen also, maybe, make sure your jumpers are set correctly for the processor you have. Also if you have a thermal sensor for the motherboard, make sure it's connected

reseat all, if that doesn't work remove all the memory except the bare minimum and try it, if it still doesn't work try a different memory stick.

could be the processor is dead, you would have to test it on another machine that would accept it.

Check for any shorts from motherboard to case If necessary lay the motherboard outside the case, use a piece of cardboard under it. hook up power cables, processor, ram, vid card, try to boot it.

3. goodguy07

goodguy07 Thread Starter

Thanks a lot! it seems to be working!

4. brianF

brianF

And what did you do to make it work, curious

5. Fooath

Fooath

Yeah, what did you do? :)

6. goodguy07

goodguy07 Thread Starter

I swapped the memory then layed it all out on cardboard outside of the box. And it just started running.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice