1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Power !!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anubisX, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anubisX

anubisX Thread Starter

Hello everyone, my sister is facing a very bad problem with the 2-years old Compaq Presario SR1930IL. The problem is when the power is turned on, nothing happens. Only the power indicator at the back of the SMPS blinks. She called a technician as the warranty is over and he told her that the SMPS is ok, she might have a faulty motherboard. She told me that he did something with the SMPS temporarily and the blinking stopped and it got steady as usual (testing only and it blinks again). I think he tested if power is passing through each connector. The PC had a problem before, blue-screen used to pop-up random and that got fixed after the RAM was replaced to another slot. So guys, what might have gone wrong ? Is it the PSU or the Motherboard or the CPU ??? I need you help experts.......

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

I'd say if Nothing Happens, I'd be looking at a PSU first. But it sounds like - Blue Screen - and blinking, is more than nothing. Is the system just dead in the water? Jazz

3. anubisX

anubisX Thread Starter

The system is dead, nothing happens........ no Beeps, nothing with fans....There is no LED on the MoBo

4. vistanoob18

vistanoob18

Damn, I'm having the same problem with my Compaq desktop. Strange. I've been told to get a new PSU so that might be what you want to do. I won't be getting one for a little while though because I just picked up a new HD for my laptop.

5. jazz3000

jazz3000

Yup I think you need to get a new Power Supply or swap if you have one. Jazz

6. BG-0

BG-0

7. anubisX

anubisX Thread Starter

Ok, i'll try to swap with mine and try if it works fine.......Will let you know about the updates :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice