1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Preview Video Feed Image using Skype

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by stevester1959, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stevester1959

stevester1959 Thread Starter

Could someone please help me with getting my webcam to work with skype. They can see me, but I can't see them for some reason. My logitech camera is working fine without skype. I'm NOT seeing any video feed image in my preview screen to adjust the video settings... just a blacked out screen... and they can see and hear me fine when on a video call. I'm using Windows XP with a Service Pack 3... plently of internet speed. I would like to see my grand children while on a video chat with them. I can only hear them currently. This happens no matter who I attempt to video chat with. Thank you kindly for your assistance if you can.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You camera is apparently/obviously working fine. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be able to see you. You not being able to see them or not being able to see your cam is likely a software or configuration issue. FIrst step, uninstall Skype or whatever other software you are trying to use, reboot, and install Skype again.

3. stevester1959

stevester1959 Thread Starter

Thank you for your response, Oddba11. However I've already attempted your suggusted, and no solution yet. I'm not sure what type of reconfiguration I could try though. Do you have any details about reconfiguring my PC setting to resolve my issure? I believe all of the settings for Skype are set correctly.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice