Solved No print preview in Firefox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

weybrew

After upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro I can't print. I get no print preview window and I get an error msg that Windows can't find my selected printer (even though I haven't picked one since I don't have a preview screen). I have updated drivers and reinstalled my printer. Firefox 44.0.2. Help, please.

Additionally, in Chrome I will get a print preview screen but I still get no connection with my printer.

TerryNet

Terry
What printer is your system default? Is that the one to which Firefox is defaulting?

You need to check to find out if Your printer is WIN 10 compatible. Best is to go to your Printers Web site and see if they have any Win10 drivers available.

weybrew

What printer is your system default? Is that the one to which Firefox is defaulting?
Thanks for your reply, TerryNet. I don't know as my print screen won't show, but I can print from other programs and Chrome and Edge browsers going to my default printer just fine.

weybrew

You need to check to find out if Your printer is WIN 10 compatible. Best is to go to your Printers Web site and see if they have any Win10 drivers available.
Thanks for your reply, storage_man. This printer will work from other programs and Chrome and Edge browsers just fine.

TerryNet

Terry
So, should we assume that in Devices and Printers none of the printers are indicated as the default?

And Firefox not only lacks a Print Preview but also lacks a Print...?

weybrew

I do have a default printer set. Firefox has "Print" but when the process begins I get the error msg "Selected printer could not be found"...see attached.

Attachments

TerryNet

Terry
You click on File - Print... and immediately get that Print Preview Error? I'd reinstall Firefox if it's that messed up.

weybrew

Firefox has been uninstalled/reinstalled without any affect.

Now, here's an oddity... I have never initiated printing from File->Print before but now I tried it and got my normal print preview and was able to print without a problem (!). I had always come at printing from the Firefox menu->Print. I now find that that way is working again, too! Nothing is ever simple with windows, is it?

At any rate things are working again... I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks so much for your help, TerryNet. And storage_man, too.

TerryNet

Terry
You're welcome. :)

Nothing is ever simple with windows, is it?
Right! And that's one of the reasons that when there are multiple ways to do something it's good to try the alternatives when one isn't working.

You can mark this solved using the "Mark Solved" above the first post on this page.

Looks like FireFox has a problem with Print Preview. I just tried it and I to get a message displayed that the printer is not available, but it only stays on the screen for less than 1/2 second and then displays the standard FireFox Print Preview screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.