1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No programmes listed in add/remove programmes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by davido-23, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davido-23

davido-23 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have just installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the drive and everything has been up and running fine for a few days with no problems. But now all of a sudden when I go into add/remove programmes there are no programmes listed! yesterday they were all there... can anyone help. Thanks.

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

3. Lance1

Lance1

Good day Mark! The link you posted only applies to Windows server 2003, Win XP and Win2000. The System Tip at the top say

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

Yup, but the OP's Computer Specifications state: XP SP3.

5. Lance1

Lance1

Ya, I didn't check that.... I guess I need another coffee this morning. :D

6. davido-23

davido-23 Thread Starter

Hi, thanks guys but I haven't updated my details... I'm running win 7 64bit home premium... Any ideas? Thanks

7. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  8. davido-23

davido-23 Thread Starter

Hi, my system is a Dell inspiron 530 pc as follows:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2046 Mb
    Graphics Card: LogMeIn Mirror Driver, 4 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 112526 MB, Free - 42788 MB; D: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 254376 MB; E: Total - 9514 MB, Free - 364 MB; M: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 37195 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY007
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

I've tried system restore but the problem continues... can anyone help please, thanks.

9. Mark1956

Mark1956

You said you have Windows 7 64bit, but the System Utility tool shows it as 32bit, please confirm.

I would suggest running the System File Checker.

• Windows 7 System File Checker
    • Click on Start and type cmd in the search box. Right click on cmd in the popup menu and select Run as Administrator.
    • Another box will open, at the Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. (Note the gap between the c and the /)
    • Let the check run to completion. DO NOT reboot the PC or close the cmd window.
    • Copy & Paste the following command at the Command Prompt and press Enter:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

• This will place a file on your desktop called sfcdetails.txt which contains the results of the scan.
    • Zip up the file and attach it to your next post.

10. davido-23

davido-23 Thread Starter

Hi thanks for your reply to confirm the system is win 7 home premium 32 bit, the file is attached, thanks.

Attached Files:

11. Lance1

Lance1

Disable LogMeIn. When the mirror driver is active, Windows disables Desktop Window Manager. Probably the reason the list is empty.

12. Lance1

Lance1

I notice that the Graphics Card Description is not showing your video driver but rather a LogMeIn Mirror Driver. You can remove the driver if you wish. Follow these steps.

1. Click the Start orb
    2. In "Search programs and files", type cmd Right click cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator
    3. In the Command Prompt window, type cd %programfiles(x86)%\logmein\x86 and press Enter.
    4. Type logmein uninstallmirrordrv and press Enter.
    5. Restart the system.

13. davido-23

davido-23 Thread Starter

I tried

In "Search programs and files", type cmd Right click cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator
    In the Command Prompt window, type cd %programfiles(x86)%\logmein\x86 and press Enter.
    Type logmein uninstallmirrordrv and press Enter.

but i get the message cannot find the specified path... any ideas?

14. Lance1

Lance1

Is LogMeIn running on the system? Down at the bottom right, right click LogMeIn and select Switch Off LogMeIn Restart the system and check if the list is still empty. also is LogMeIn Mirror Driver still there in the graphics card info.

15. davido-23

davido-23 Thread Starter

I switched off log me in to no avail... so I then checked device manager and the log me in mirror driver was there, so I uninstalled it, restarted the system and still the same problem no programmes listed except adobe air which I have just installed, any ideas? thanks.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice