No Progress - Please Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BrodyBroad

So this morning i stood up and was about to get into my acer laptop, i dont use it that much and i have forgotten my password for the main account(i use the finger login feature i have), anyways when i was doing that it failed a few times and i just restarted it as the computer frooze(to many times it failed on the finger login thing makes it freeze same way as when you do the password wrong 3 times)

so i restarted the computer and when i got back on i had to go through alot of those system recovery things due to shutting down wrong, now its all done but when i logon(any account) it does everything incredibly slow and i cannot even shut my laptop down again as it wont allow me to access the startmenu even, I know what i did wrong but i'm no IT techie, i only use it for research and playing games

PS: It's not any virus doing this as i ran a full search yesterday(took around 5-6 hours or so) and i've also tried going on with my internet disabled.

Much appreciated if anyone can solve this for me

System specs. RAM, HDD size, please. Can you run a chkdsk, and did you run your malware scan in safe mode ??

BrodyBroad

System specs. RAM, HDD size, please. Can you run a chkdsk, and did you run your malware scan in safe mode ??
service pack 1
Its an Acer aspire 7738, processor Intel core 2 duo CPU t6600
RAM 4gb
32 bit operating system

Chkdsk says
the master file table's <MFT> BITMAP attribute is inncorrect
The volume bitmap is incorrect
Windows found problems with the file system.

After that it says stuff about disk usage and where it is

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online