1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Recovery Disc and No Floppy drive.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sarahnlsn, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahnlsn

sarahnlsn Thread Starter

Hello, I have a Panasonic Toughbook and it is asking for me to insert the Recovery disk in to the floppy drive. I have 2 problems, the first is that I do not have a floppy drive I only have an external CD/DVD drive and the second is that I do not have a recovery disc.

Is it possible to down load the file on to a CD? and is it possible to use a CD instead of a Floppy drive?

2. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Hiya sarahnlsn.

As I noticed this is your first posting, welcome to Tech Guys. Some pre-installed systems on new machines require you to create a recovery disk as soon as can after you get it home and some others have the recovery section as a boot option so if you haven`t made one or don`t have one, try hitting F8 when you switch it on and see what comes up on the options screen.

If that doesn`t work for you, try contacting Panasonic (e-mail or telephone) with the details of the computer like model number, approx date of purchase etc etc and they might either send you a recovery disk or perhaps give you a link to be able to download it so that you can burn it to floppy or CD.

Regards
    Jenny

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice