1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Red?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazylemur, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazylemur

crazylemur Thread Starter

So heres the problem, my graphics card recently went out, and since I haven't been gaming very much I just switched to the onboard graphics. When I moved the vga to onboard the computer stopped displaying any red. At first I just assumed it was the onboard graphics and a new graphics card would eliminate the problem so I didn't worry about it too much. I bought a GT 210 graphics card (bad buy) but it was locking up just after login, and after some research it seems to be a common problem with the card. While I was trying to get the card to work I was switching between onboard and the card the red would randomly start working. After I got a different graphics card (geforce 9400) the red still isn't working, but it worked with the onboard. I'm guessing its either some sort of loose/faulty connection on the motherboard that I was bumping or affecting while working in the computer, or the vga cable. I don't have a spare vga cable so I haven't tested that, and I have no idea what part of the motherboard could affect colors. Advice/thoughts/solutions?

2. norton850

norton850

Check the pins on your monitor cable. See if you can borrow another cable or monitor to test if that is the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice