1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Right Click

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Shamrock, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

How do you keep the info (using no right click) from being available in temp?

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

What do you mean by "in temp"?

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

I mean even if you have 'no right click' on webpage... sometimes the graphics etc. are available in your temp internet folder.
    How do you prevent that? Some places don't leave any thing in your cache.

4. steamwiz

steamwiz

When you view a website all the graphics on the page you are viewing are downloaded to your temporary internet files

When you right click "save as" it may say "this option has been disabled" but the file is always available from your temporary internet files.

steam

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

steamwiz... I know that...except sometimes either they aren't in the cache or else they are encoded different so as not to recognize it..... that's what I want to find out how to do.

6. randyrayd

randyrayd

I have heard with Netscape you can set limits on your temp file storage space. Maybe you could use that and set it to zero, if that's what you are wanting. As usual.....I'm a little confused.

Randall

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

If you have a personal web page and don't want anyone to be able to 'take' your graphics, music etc... you can have a 'no right click' so pictures can't be taken from the site.
    However, sometimes, the person trying to get the pics. can go to the temp folder and retrieve them from there.
    There are some web sites though, that have a way to block the graphics etc. from going in to someones temp folder ( or at least to disguise them). That's what I want to know how to do.

8. randyrayd

randyrayd

Thanks, now I'm less confused. I guess I haven't experienced one of those sites. I guess it would have to be disguised...to view is to download...right?

Good luck,
    Randall

9. The_Egg

The_Egg

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice