No "Run as Admin" option

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cyberweasel89

Hello. I need to use HiJackThis on my computer, a Windows Vista Home Premium. I am having problems using it, and the first step of these problems is that I must run HiJackThis as an administrator, which I am unable to do. I am told you do this by right-clicking the HiJackThis desktop icon and choosing "run as administrator", but there is no such icon when I bring up the right-click menu. The option is simply not there.

I only get the following options:

Open
-----
Pin to Start Menu
Add to Quick Launch
-----
Send To >
-----
Cut
Copy
-----
Create Shortcut
Delete
Rename
-----
Properties

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts