1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No safe mode, No regular

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dbqp, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbqp

dbqp Thread Starter

Hi i have been having problems with my 5 year old computer for maybe 6 months, and I have some serious problems with it. One problem is, when the computer started up, it makes this click noise, like someone pushing a button. Me being a complete amatuer, ignored it until finally it totally effed up my computer. My computer wont go into windows xp, it wont even go to safe mode. I can only go to the system restore screen, and i cant even restore my computer since it says " cannot format user portion !" Any help?

I already have all my info stored on a network, so i dont mind like wiping it totally clean, I really just want to delete some stuff on there. (some games and some programs, cuz of serials) please help^^

2. just_a_nobody

just_a_nobody

That clicking noise is probably a sign your hard drive took a dive, along with your symptoms, and you need a new one.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Agreed we call it "the click of death" and it means a bad hard drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice