No signal being sent to the monitor! *panics* (impossible to answer)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bvance3

Hey everyone! I am what you might consider a newb, but, hey, we all started somewhere.

I'm pulling my hair out on this problem with my desktop computer. The problem occurred when I was upgrading my RAM. I currently have a Kingston PC2700 512mb stick in one of my two slots and had gone out and bought another Kingston PC2700 512mb for the other slot.

After turning the computer off, grounding myself, and inserting the new memory, I turned the computer on as normal. The only problem was that the monitor didn't come on at all but instead stayed in sleep mode.

My mouse, keyboard, fan, cd drives, and I'm pretty sure my harddrive all have power but my monitor still won't come on.

I am using an onboard video card. I also don't hear the computer going through the windows load. I know the monitor works, because I plugged the laptop I am on right now into it and it popped up just fine. I've tried cleaning the entire computer, switching the RAM to different slots, and even unplugging all cables and replugging them back in.

PLEASE HELP!!! I really don't want to buy a whole new computer! Thank you so much!
Edit/Delete Message

did you take out 1 new stick of memory? try with 512, can you boot into safe mode?this may sound non supportive but upon a re boot hit the tab key try these

bvance3

I just tried and it doesn't work. The screen is still in sleep mode.

ok> do lights work? are you using on board video? im leading towards power mgmt. go into bios to power mgmt settings

if you re set c mos by removing the battery you ansered back in 1 min. this is not enough time to clear cmos. if you have your mother board booklet is shows a jumper to clear cmos .and you say you cannot boot in safe mode?

hold inst when you hit your power button see if that works id try switching your ram chips around to see if you can get a post outa them doing that. And if you took battery out try to boot without it in see if you get a post doing that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts