1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved No signal coming to the monitor- but...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MollySandera, Nov 25, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. MollySandera

MollySandera Thread Starter

I cannot see the computer running from the monitor(no signal coming to it) - despite both the monitor and the tower running fine. I have figured that there might be a problem in the (SCART) connector between the monitor and the tower. However it was working the day before this problem happened. I did not see an apparent cable issue, but i probably have missed it, or it's something happened on the inside. I would like to know if there is any other possible cause.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    How have you confirmed both devices are working properly on their own?

Does anything ever show on the monitor from the moment when you first turn on the computer tower?

3. MollySandera

First, the monitor itself flashes logo then goes to sleep mode. When i push the power button on the tower, the power button lights up. The light is blue, meaning it's not in standby.
    No, nothing besides the monitor's logo. Not even the boot logo. Meaning nothing from the tower ever gets sent to the monitor. The thing is it worked the day before it broke. And also, i i had tried to swap the placement of the cord connecting them(one cord). It didn't work. I may or may not have broken the pc during the process. But i hope i didn't. I had to pull the power cords instead of shutting down normally

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Are you sure it's a SCART connector, like the picture below ? I have only seen those on TVs not Monitors.

[​IMG]

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    The monitor temporarily flashing a built-in logo does not prove the monitor is working properly. The light on the power button on a computer changing color does not mean the computers working properly. Are you able to test the computer with a known good monitor and cable and are you able to test the monitor with a known good cable and video source.

Allan beat me to my other question about a SCART connector being used on a computer monitor. Please tell us the brands and full model numbers of the computer and the monitor, as well as exactly how they are connected to each other.

6. MollySandera

Actually i wasn't sure if it's called a SCART connector, and this just confirms it. I simply didn't know the name of it.
    About the other statement, at the moment I'm not able to test it out. Plus supposedly next week there was going to be someone who was going to upgrade my computer. (This included a new monitor). However, i will tell you as soon as I'm able to do it

7. MollySandera

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice