1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved No Signal Detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jc2485, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jc2485

Jc2485 Thread Starter

Hello.
    Please help me, I just upgraded my Operating System to Windows 10 in a Tech Shop. After upgraded I went home and check my new operating system. After I connected all the things/wires/cables, my monitor says no Signal detected and the cpu is ON. Please help me what to do.

I'm using 2 End VGA.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, etc, etc.
    Next when you finished the upgrade, was everything working ie windows running, everything working, etc? If yes, then you probably knocked something loose during transport. Open the case and reseat ALL connections ie atx, aux, etc. Pull them OFF and then plug them back in; be sure they are fully seated. Reseat the ram; again remove the ram and reinstall.

3. Jc2485

Jc2485 Thread Starter

I did the reseting of Ram but it doesnt work, Ill try others. Thank you

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to answer the question. Was everything working when you finished the upgrade?
    AND you need to post ALL hardware specs.

5. Jc2485

Jc2485 Thread Starter

Y
    Yes. Everything was fine when they test in in the Tech Shop. It's all working. But in my house its not.

Specs:
    Intel core i5
    I forgot the new graphics card cuz i upgraded it
    4GB RAM

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are not understanding. You need to post exact specs. Intel makes a LOT of i5 chips. An example i5 9600K; in addition, post ALL of your specs just like that; exact brand and model#
    Have you reseated ALL connectors on the system?

7. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Whilst my colleague waits for all the requested specs, if all was fine in the tech shop and the ONLY thing you have done is come home and connected the equipment that was at home, then it is reasonable to presume that the fault lies with this aspect of the system.

It could well be that the monitor whatever it is is not seeing the signal from the graphics card

However all you say is
    and
    so the question is what is the graphics card and to what is it connected.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It is somewhat difficult to get him to answer questions. He still has not answered if he reseated all connections.

9. Jc2485

Jc2485 Thread Starter

Reseting works. Thanks.

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are welcome. At least it did not cost anything other than a little time (y)

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Take it back to the shop with your monitor and show them it is not working.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice