1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Signal Detected....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Qrypton, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Qrypton

Qrypton Thread Starter

I am getting this error more and more often,usually when I plug in anything into usb ports,the screen goes black and NO SIGNAL DETECTED is shown on screen.
    Sometimes when I just start the pc this happens after windows loading screen,and by hearing the sound of windows loading I can say that the windows loaded fine only display is not shown.
    Also happens when
    -switching tabs while playing a game
    -when plugging in speakers
    -when I disable my network adapter

This error is really annoying and bugging me,I have to restart my pc directly whenever this shows up,and I often lose my work because of that.

Please help,my pc specs:
    Dual Core E5200 @ 2.50 Ghz
    160gb IDE hdd
    Nvidia 8600 GTS
    2 GB CORSAIR DHX DDR2
    Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (32 Bit)

2. Qrypton

Qrypton Thread Starter

Can anyone please help?

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If the screen goes black immediately when you plug in a USB device or speakers, do you notice a static shock or spark?

4. Qrypton

Qrypton Thread Starter

Never saw a spark,but sometimes I hear sounds of Plugging and unplugging,like something is getting plugged and unplugged,hear those sounds for first few seconds and then its just black screen...

5. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

Look at the Video card see if thir are any wires loose or parts braking or borken and thir could be a power shortage N=what your computer Need Power Wise U=what you Give it(N is say 650W U 600W)

6. Qrypton

Qrypton Thread Starter

Video card is fitted fine,and how to check how much power my computer needs?

thank you for replying.

EDIT: I checked it with Asus power supply calculator and my computer needs around 250 watt where as my power supply is supplying 460 watts.I have coolermaster powersupply

7. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

You are welcome I'm just trying to help. Good and i like the Power supply, Look at the cord that comes from the monitor is it broken in any way any were. and look at the Monitor could the the insides be loose.

8. Qrypton

Qrypton Thread Starter

I checked the cord,its fine,and lcd looks fine too..

I removed my video card then started computer and tried to do every possible thing that gives me No Signal Detected,and I didn't get the error :| So I am thinking that it could be my video card that got faulty?

9. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

Sorry about you video card man. thanks for leting me help you.

10. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    I doubt it is the card. No signal detect would point to a monitor, or monitor connection problem. As it worked without the card in??, I would have a look around where the monitor cable is plugged in to the card. Do you have a spare monitor cable you could try?

11. Qrypton

Qrypton Thread Starter

Yeah I don't think its the card because as I continued using my computer without video card,I could hear the same unplugging/plugging sound at some times,and see the screen flashing(like it does before no signal detected),although I didn't get no signal detected but there were signs that could tell me that its not the video card... I am totally confused now....
    I do have a spare cable,I will try using that and see if it works

EDIT: Its confirmed,its not video card,I got the no signal detected even without the video card

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice