1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"No Signal" display on Monitor after updating Avast Free AV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lyon-z, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lyon-z

Lyon-z Thread Starter

Hey guys, I'm currently troubleshooting a friends PC which has display issues directly after rebooting from an Avast AV update. Like so many similar issues, the pc seems to run fine (HDD spinning & LED light flashing, CPU fan spinning), Although, I've yet to hear mobo beep.
    This is what I've tried already;
    Reseating ram and graphics card. Trying another graphics card, monitor, graphics cable and PSU. After that, I tried scanning the HDD as a secondary drive in my own machine for a virus. It managed to get boot priority in my machine and it actually booted fine so I gathered from that, that it's not a software problem. I've heard people on forums talk about resetting CMOS but there seems to be issues that follow that.

Not fully sure of his spec, only it's a Packard Bell, OS: Win Vista x64, CPU: Intel Core2 Quad. If you need more info on spec I can boot it in my machine again and get it.

Merry Christmas :D

2. Megabite

Megabite

Howdy,

Does the PC have any integrated graphics......

3. Lyon-z

Lyon-z Thread Starter

Hey, no integrated graphics unfortunately =(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032721