1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'No Signal' - intermittant monitor problem on XP Pro x64 system

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stephenco, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephenco

stephenco Thread Starter

I have a 5 yr old PC running XP Pro x64, Service Pack 2 with an Intel Pentium 2.8Ghz & 3GB ram. It was built and sold to me by an online store.

Over the last year (or maybe longer), when I come back to the PC after leaving it for a varying amount of time from mins to overnight and switch the monitor on, the only display is 'No Signal'. When it does so I cannot escape out of it but have to switch it off at the power source and start it again.

It then reverts the 'Quick Launch' to off and I have to enable it again. It also seems to clear some saved passwords and other fields.

I've replaced the monitor and graphics cards and updated drivers. The problem is that it is intermittant and only happens at different times - last time was 2 weeks ago but then it happened twice y'day.

When I switch the monitor on and get the 'no signal' the monitor light turns amber instead of its usual green.

Any thoughts appreciated and thanks in advance.

2. dai

dai

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1076413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice