1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No signal on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Igor12345, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Igor12345

Igor12345 Thread Starter

hello i have a problem for a month now and i cant do anything about it so i was playing games and randomly just my screen froze and i couldnt boot up in to the system and i had no signal on monitor and only what was powered was my mouse but i noticed that my front panel light is not on. So i beought it to a shop and they told me it might be a cpu or motherboard so i bought new MB and cpu and problem still remains but now sometimes it will boot up but ist like 1 in a 100 My pc is working fully like motherboard cpu gpu fans spinning everything ... pls help :( i have a windows 10

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact ram, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

My first thought would be a failing pw supply however since we have no idea what parts you are using, that is just a guess.

3. Igor12345

Igor12345 Thread Starter

Cpu: ryzen 2700 bought yesterday
    MB: asus prime B450m-k
    Psu: EVGA 600w
    Gpu:GTX 1060 expedition
    Ram: 2x8GB kingston 2666mhz
    HDD: WD blue 1gb

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

There are a lot of evga 600W pw supplies; some are very good and others not so much. The supernova series is built by seasonic and is excellent; what exact pw supply did you install?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The very first thing I would do would be to swap in a known good pw supply for testing. Note you do not have to fully install the test unit; simply connect atx, aux, and video pw. Hit the ON button and see if the system will POST. If it does, shutdown and repeat 2~3 times. If it POSTs without problem, then install a new pw supply.

6. Igor12345

Igor12345 Thread Starter

Exactly this one

Attached Files:

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That looks like one of the low end evga units. EVGA does not mfg their own pw supplies. As I posted the supernova line is mfg by seasonic; others by ctw or other oem mfg.
    Do the testing outlined in post #5.

8. Igor12345

Igor12345 Thread Starter

Ok thx ill update at monday

9. Igor12345

Igor12345 Thread Starter

Now i turned on my computer it booted up fully into windows but after 2 mins ive got a blue screen ...

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Is that with a new pw supply or the old one?

11. Igor12345

Igor12345 Thread Starter

Still the old one but might be the pw supply bad ? If this is happening ? And when its restart after blue screen again no signal to monitor

12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You have a hardware problem and the ONLY way you are going to find out what the problem is is by testing in a systematic manner. The first thing to test is the pw supply.

13. Igor12345

Igor12345 Thread Starter

And the blue screen error says IRLQ less or equal

14. Igor12345

Igor12345 Thread Starter

I checked everything i replaced cpu gpu motherboard ram is working fine in the bios only what i didnt checked is the pw supply so it might be that

15. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

In your first post, you stated that the system had no signal to the monitor. Now you are saying that it does have a signal and you get an error msg. Which one is it since it makes a BIG difference?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1237111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice