No signal on monitor

hanedginton

I’ve just built a new PC and the display will be on screen for a couple of hours and then suddenly freezes and disconnects and say no signal but the computer stays on, the only way we can fix it is to restart and then it will do it again. We have tried switching out the hdmi lead to check it was not that causing the issue, any ideas?

Specs are as follows:
I5 2500/2320 3.00ghz (old system a)
P8H61 - MX - ASUS Motherboard
16gb ddr3 ram 1333hrtz (new)
128ssd (from old laptop)
1tb hdd WD purple (from old cctv drive)
Radeon RX 570 OC ASUS Strix (new)
Cooler master 650watt PSU (6years old)

currently in the process of trying an old graphics card I have lying around to see if the problem still persists but I think it’s lower powered so may not help in troubleshooting any power fluctuations.

Last edited:

crjdriver

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, etc, etc. Do not post 650W coolermaster; post the exact model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts