1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No signal on new gaming PC and limited power to USB ports.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DuckCommander, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DuckCommander

DuckCommander Thread Starter

I just built a gaming PC and it won’t send to my monitor. I’ve tried different HDMI cables and was using my motherboards HDMI port before but got a graphics card because I thought maybe that would do the trick. Also every time I try to plug in my keyboard or my bootable windows drive It’ll send power to the devices for around 5 seconds and then stop.

There is only one light on my motherboard, a white VRAM labeled light. When I click a button on the side of my case next to my power button the CPU light turns on instead. I’d really love to get this PC running but I don’t know what to do.

[PC Part Picker List](https://pcpartpicker.com/user/prolortram/saved/XTN4nQ)

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

What I'd do is take it back down to bare bones out on a table. Nothing but motherboard (on a non-conductive surface), CPU (w/heatsink), RAM, PSU, video, keyboard and mouse.

Now see if it will boot into the BIOS. If not, try a different PSU and/or RAM. Once you do get into the BIOS, reset the BIOS to factory default.

If it's bootable now, try running an Operating System (*nix) from a bootable USB flash drive. Exercise it some (web) and then leave it running overnight.

If it's still where you left it the night before, power down, hook up your drive with Windows on it and try the same, (exercise it, web, games, whatever), and leave it running overnight.

If it's fine the next morning, power down and reassemble everything back in the case. As you continue beyond the bare minimum though, only add one or two pieces of hardware at a time and then test to make sure what was added isn't causing problems. You get the idea ...

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST condition.

Common errors for new builders;
    1 Motherboard shorted to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
    2 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector not plugged in
    3 Parts not compatible. Does not seem to be a problem in this case
    4 Cooler or hsf not installed correctly. More an intel problem than an amd problem since the amd type coolers are pretty much idiot proof

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    lynx1021 likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice